Hotels are fast paced, ever-changing environments with new people and events every day. To keep up with hotel conferences, events and advertising, top hotels around the world are adding hotel digital signage to their facilities.
Hotel digital signage displays graphics, text and video on large television screens or monitors in your hotel lobby, conference center or anywhere else in your facility. Our eyes are naturally drawn to nearby monitors with movement and color so you can be sure your message will be read.
Ways to use Hotel Digital Signage
Here are some ways to use hotel digital signage
- Events: Show all the events happening in the hotel so guests can easily find their conference or event. This saves your staff time as there will be less requests as to which room an event is in and what time it starts.
- Directional Signage: Directional signage will show arrows showing which way to the various event rooms, restaurant, pub, pool, fitness center and other facilities you offer. This makes it easier for your guests to find their way around, improves the guest’s experience and again saves your staff time answering questions.
- Advertising: Your hotel digital signage can display advertising graphics and videos. You can advertise your restaurant and pub specials, capturing more of your guests spending dollars as they decide to eat and relax in your hotel instead of going out to eat and drink. You can also sell advertising to outside firms such as local attractions, giving your guests more things to do and generating an additional revenue stream for your hotel.
- Specials: If you have last minute openings. discounts and other specials, you can advertise these in your lobby and in your street windows.
- Weather: Show your guests what the outside weather is like to they can dress and make plans accordingly.
- News: Your lobby signage can show news updates, either full screen or in a news ticker format.
- Sports: Do you have lots of sports fans staying with you? Or is there a major event like the World Cup or Olympics happening? You can show sport stats, news or even live stream sport broadcasts right on your signage.
- Time Display: Show the current time in multiple time zones for your business travelers who need to connect with clients and team members in other cities.
- Countdown Timer: Have you got something big going on in your hotel? Perhaps a grand opening of a restaurant or a major event? What about New Years? Use a digital signage countdown timer to show a countdown to the event.
- Picture Carousel: Display a carousel of ever-changing pictures of your amenities or local attractions.
- Hotel Channels on In-Room TVs: The TV sets in each room can also be turned into digital signage. You can have a hotel channel that shows amenities and restaurant specials along with trailers for pay per view movies or other PPV events.
Hotel Digital Signage Software
When creating your hotel digital signage, we suggest you start with PowerPoint. PowerPoint is easy to use and very powerful.
Here are some tools you can use to create hotel digital signage with PowerPoint.
- PowerSign – PowerPoint add on that lets you schedule playlists of signage, advertising, events, etc.
- DataSign – connects PowerPoint to data sources such as your event calendar, menu price lists and other data feeds.
- Dynamic Widgets – connects PowerPoint to automatically updating News, Weather, Clocks, Music, Pictures and more.